July 01, 2017
July 2017 Newsletter
Happy Canada Day!
I think this means summer is officially here.
To find out what coming up at Hybrid in July as well as get the highlights from June, simply click on the video below!
Here’s a quick written recap too:
- We’re holding a Recipe Contest for the month of July. To participate simply post your healthy recipe right to the Hybrid Fitness Facebook page. We’ll all get a lot of great recipe ideas and the person whose recipe gets the most likes, comments, and shares will win a Hybrid T-shirt!
- Free Running Seminar: Saturday July 8th . Want to learn how to run? Toronto Marathon winner and Hybrid Member, Brandon Laan, is going to teach us about biomechanics, the relationship between speed and power, the value of aerobic training, training logs, and how to become a student of the sport. This is an open event, so we welcome friends from outside of Hybrid! But spots are limited, so please register here.
- How well do you know coach Tony? We wondered that ourselves, and so we sent a camera crew to follow him around for an afternoon and learn more about the man behind the traps. Look out for the full video feed coming to our Facebook page soon.
A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO:
- Hybrid Weightlifter Danielle Holdsworth for winning a bronze medal at the Masters Pan American Championships in the Dominican Republic. Way to go, Danielle!
- Referral Contest Winner Josh Dubois. Josh, you just won a $500 Amazon gift card. Thanks to everyone who participated. The next draw will be held on October 1 so keep the referrals coming—you just might be the next big winner!
- Everyone who participated in the Throwdown at 1175 event! We had over 30 teams of two across four divisions throwing down for over $3500 in cash and prizes. The workouts were intense. We saw PRs in nearly every heat, watched athletes test their limits in every event, and experienced the thrill of competing in front of the best CrossFit crowd around. Thanks to all the judges, volunteers, sponsors, Keegan for organising, and congratulations to all our winners.
Have a wonderful July everyone.